Friday, January 16, 2009

Snow Trip & Mitten Mystery

So...for those of you anxiously awaiting my first blog post. Here it is:

Right before Christmas we went with some friends up to the snow. My crazy kiddos had a blast, esp. little Oliver. He wanted to dive right into the snow. Of course he was the one kid in our family that didn't have snow clothes - thanks Crowders for letting us borrow them!



The pic above is us posing up near Christopher Creek. Notice all that beautiful snow!
We pulled off to the side of the road when we finally found a clearing & a little hill to take the kids sledding. :)





These are our friends the Newtons - they are some of our oldest & best friends! Thanks for bringing the hot chocolate. :) After we took these pics, a park ranger came and told us that we could not park on the side of the road so we had to find someplace else to play. Unfortunately, there really was never a good place to pull over safely which was fine with me since it was 21 degrees & freezing! I enjoyed the beautiful view from inside the car & I could have driven around enjoying it for awhile.




So as for the mittens...I bought Kelsi some mittens for $1 at Target and she used them for the first time on this snow trip. Well, as you can see from the following pictures she pretty much wears them all the time. In fact, if we are having a difficult time getting her to sleep all we have to do is promise her she can sleep with her mittens!


14 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogger, all that christmas snow looked like fun!

    It's ok, you can tell us you really bought those mittens for marcus :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for snow and your first post! Love your background too. It's good to hear from you - I can't believe how grown up your kids are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen!! I'm so excited that you decided to join our crazy blogging community!! It looks awesome and all that snow looked like TONS of fun!! As for the mittens.. they are purple and so I can understand the attachment.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally! welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to get an update of your family! I can't believe how grown up your kids are. It has been way too long since we've seen you! But at least it is nice to keep in touch this way. Take care - love the Hondas

    PS - I got my girls the $1 mittens from Target for Christmas too, and they love them also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you started a blog (and a very cute one, we might add!) We're excited to see what your little are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I love the pictures of Kelsey. I think it's so cute that she slept with the mittens on. She hasn't climbed out of her crib yet? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! Cute pictures! So glad you've joined the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FINALLY!!! Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I'm going to link up to you now.

    As for Kelsi and the mittens - I can't say that I blame her. I'd be wearing those all the time too. They're my favorite color and...well...they're just cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited you've started blogging! And you've started it with a bang - cute background & all!
    Your snowtrip looks very cold & very fun. I'm glad Oliver liked it; we went recently & Taya hated it - just too cold I guess.
    Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey - love the blog - and the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for joining the blogging world! If you wanna come up for a visit, it was snowing like mad this morning and has for the last week!

    ReplyDelete