Friday, January 23, 2009

Amazing faith

So I wanted to write this little encounter with Kendall down before I forgot. This blog is part journal for me to record the cute and even not-so-cute things my children do. I hope it will put a smile on a few of your faces.

So last night, actually this morning at three I heard Kendall knocking on our bedroom door. (We've finally got him trained to knock!) He comes in whimpering that he had a bad dream and that his heart is "beeping" too fast. I give him a hug & tell him I'm sorry that he's had a bad dream. He then proceeds to tell me that he wants to say a prayer to Heavenly Father to help him sleep better. So we kneel down by my bed and say a little prayer. He then says, "ok mom I'm ready to go back to bed now."

To me this is amazing because when Kendall was much younger he used to have bad dreams quite often so Marcus & I suggested that he ask Heavenly Father in his personal prayers to help him not have bad dreams. So for months after, every night in his prayers he would say "please help me not to have bad dreams" and he never did. Of course as he has gotten older he rarely has bad dreams anymore so he usually does not repeat this request in his prayers too often anymore. This has always amazed me that the faith in his request & his belief in a Heavenly Father who loves and cares about him is enough to always keep the bad dreams away. He knows that if he asks in faith that he won't have bad dreams. Simple as that. I know I need to learn from this experience and express more faith in my Heavenly Father who knows and loves me as well.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! What an awesome little guy to have so much faith - and what an awesome mom you are to teach him that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he's got good parents teaching him by example. He's looking like a handsome young man! Gosh! They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those moments. They make it worth all we go through don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey how are you? I am glad to finally get in touch with you. Email me with your email address. Mine is heathergivens@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the same sweet Kendall we remember.

    ReplyDelete