Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a day of firsts

This past Saturday Marcus got back his hair clippers from his brother & so he decided to take the boys out back and cut their hair. This will be Oliver's first haircut & Marcus's first time cutting the boys hair. I must say that they turned out looking pretty good & I was relieved! Here is Marcus & Oliver before the cutting began.



Oliver's hair had all these funny wispy, long strands all over his head and the back looked like he had a combover so it was time. Oliver did well just standing up on the patio while getting his hair cut although he kept unplugging the clippers. :0





Kendall on the other hand had hair that had needed a haircut for quite some time! He was even growing some serious sideburns. I kept hearing him out on the patio giggling because he was being tickled by the clippers.





I have to say that Oliver did great for his first haircut & both boys look pretty handsome. Marcus did a great job cutting their hair for the first time & it won't be the last time he cuts the boys hair. :)



7 comments:

  1. Great haircuts! :) I'd be too nervous to have Kevin ever attempt something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that was the exact scene at our house on Monday. Backyard, only I was Marcus, and your boys were my boys. And clippers. I figure it's good to practice on them while they're young and don't care what a mess mom makes with their hair. The ears were tricky and it definitely looks like a home haircut. Watch, examine them at church at Sunday and feel free to snicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruce always cuts his own hair as well. Sounds like your boys had fun getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Wow I can't believe Oliver is that big! I guess its been awhile since I've seen you and the rest of the old gang. How are you liking the blogging? Fun eh?! I liked your hair cutting pics. We have to do Jonas' locked away in our bathroom because he still literally screams and crys bloody murder everytime Mark cuts his hair. Then the minute the clippers are off, he's fine. Thought he might out grow being scared of the sound of the clippers, but he has yet to do so. SO, glad to see your boys are champs and don't mind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love that you have a blog!!! And now your boys look like they just came from USMC Boot camp! Ha, I guess that is where Marcus leaned to cut hair! Miss you guys, and so glad I get to see what you have been up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did that with Ethan a couple weeks ago...I thought, why didn't we do this sooner? Saves so much money. As you can imagine, Spencer won't let me NEAR his hair though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. K. I'll be right over. John needs a hair cut BAD! He's doing that pre-teen rebellion thing where he wants long, ratty-looking hair. I wish I knew how to use clippers on him.

    ReplyDelete